My New Book

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Flipping through the pages...




Flipping through the pages...

I saw & wondered!Then something I remembered!
The sands of time slip by quick,
The chimes of the old board the return ship.
Flipping through the pages of life,I remembered & I wondered!

The cobwebs have taken their hold on the memories,
Grime have soften the strong bonds of the eternal coteries,
Unfortunate it seems,but the almanac is now dusty,
The pages are tough to turn,all worn and rusty.

Years have passed since I entered the forgotten hallows,
The remains of the good times proliferate,staring back are the shadows.

Severance of bonds of the old took away that tether,
Tell the bleeding heart,the blood pumps whither.

Clicked albums have forgot the negatives that came before,
Memories have gorged out the back eyes,darkness only bore.

I tried to tell myself not to take the rotten path of the old,
But alas! the heart blinks stupidly at the years that were forged of gold.

Gathering disjointed thoughts,I saw myself looking at a forlorn picture,
The eyes bubbled with laughter, mouth a sad-grim mixture.

So long! I said and closed the book that was home to the skeletons of the past,
I said to myself,'Wonder when I saw through my facade last.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Musings...