My New Book

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tasteless Concoction of rhyme...


Salt

I tasted! Something`s amiss I thought,
Right I was,the porridge was bland,eggs I never bought,
Pearls from my head fell in a heap,Spice Box!Ah Yes!! I went and brought,
Mouth was already foul,pungent spices left my eyes in a rot.

From India with love was the cry of the spices thence,
Which spice would correct the porridge,was the confusion hence,
A pinch here,an ounce there! the porridge grew restless and murky,
I had all the spices galore,the incumbent salt on the table eyed me all smirky.

Still my experiment continued in full steam and spice,
A leaf of coriander,a dash of cardemom was the last throw of the dice,
The chilli powder went unabated,chaat masala meeting the concourse,
Ginger,garlic thought themselves to be wise,stayed away from the seething discourse.

The porridge was now in coma,a state of no return and anarchy,
The mish-mash now an angry scarlet,all botched up and spicy,
Salt! I recalled!! the white devil was the powder I never pasted,
Dash It! I gave away the useless concoction,mouth of the dustbin was that it finally tasted.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Musings...