My New Book

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Lost...


Speck of dust got in my eyes,
I looked away,severed the ties,
Something broke,only I heard the noise,
I tore the facade down,lost the charmed poise.

Never again I vowed to feed the fledgeling,
The greenhorn hide vaporizes,rips open the sting.

The treasure trove will be pillaged again and again,
You spend it or spare it,the penury remains the same.

Sending back the bouquet with the brickbats,
I veneered to the jungle,sold the yawning cats.

Rugged & careworn,I roamed the uninhabited mires,
My ego grew like Pinocchio`s nose,climbed on the mind`s spires.

Forfeiting the time of the dew,
I snared dreams,spices fell into the life`s stew.

Wheels of fortune missed my effort spoke
Seldom I now reconcile with the innocent bloke.

Lost and frost,I stood alone,
In the distant visage,the sun mocked me and shone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Musings...